Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August Favorites




It's time for some August favorites!

Clockwise, starting from the left: L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Concealer in fair/light, Rimmer Stay Matte pressed powder, L'Oreal Infallible lipstick in 423 Perpetual Peach, ELF $1 eyelash curler, Rimmel Special Eyes eyeliner in Hurricane Grey, and ELF Essentials eyeshadow quad in Silver Lining.

I find that my favorite makeup items for the summer are more productive than fancy. I live near the Gulf of Mexico and it gets hot n' humid here like no other place I've been before! I have oily skin anyway, so the combination isn't appealing. This is when my face products become less "routine" and more "essential."
I love L'Oreal's True Match concealer because the brush makes application easy and the product itself is very lightweight. Unlike most lightweight conealers, though, it still manages to cover most blemishes. I use this on both blemishes and undereye circles, so it's also versatile. Great for the summer when you want something quick, easy, and weightless.
I've also been loving Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder. You may be able to see in the photo that I've hit more than just a little bit of the pan! In the winter and spring this powder seemed average, but now that the heat of the summer is oiling up my face, I must say this powder is heaven-sent. Lightweight and translucent, this powder sets liquid foundation without looking cakey and controls oil throughout the day.


Just because the summer's tough doesn't mean I go without a fun pop of color! That is, after all, half the fun of summer-appropriate makeup. I've been loving L'Oreal's Infallible lipstick in Perpetual Peach this summer. Though peach tones may seem more appropriate for spring than summer, I still find it appealing and a nice break from typical summer corals. The Infallible lipsticks claim to last up to 10 hours, and though I've never had need to wear any lipstick that long, I do find it to be much more long wearing than any other lipstick I own, and that's a definite plus.

My sister bought me ELF's $1 eyelash curler from Dollar General before I headed back to school. My old Revlon curler had seen better days, so I was on the market for newer and better things. This eyelash curler is the best I've ever had! The spring in the handle, the soft finger-grips, and the squishy rubber pad make this curler effortless and effective. Once you put a waterproof mascara on your curled lashes, they'll stay all day.

I bought Rimmel's Special Eyes eyeliner in Hurricane Gray many months ago to define my eyes without the harshness of a true black. While black eyeliner looks fabulous on many people, I have very fair coloring and sometimes even the lightest application can look too rocker or goth for me. I love using this gray eyeliner because it makes my lashes look full and my eyes sultry without the harsh effect. Also, I've had no problems with this product transferring, smudging, or budging. At around $4, this is a fabulous eyeliner to have in your collection.


Last, but certainly not least, is ELF's Essntial eyeshadow quad in Silver Lining. Overall, I find ELF's eyeshadows a great way to experiment with new looks for cheap, but don't actually wind up keeping most of the palettes. Often the colors can be chalky, and I've had nightmares with many of the highlight shades.
The Silver Lining quad is featured in many beautiful "Get The Look" pictures on the website, eyeslipsface.com. This quad is beautiful! The color combination is so feminine and fun. I find the colors to be incredibly pigmented and easy to work with, so I see this little quad staying in my collection for years to come.
Look at those swatches! Aren't they beautiful? :)

I hope you all had a great summer,

愛, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment